Travel Advice – The Best Way to Experience Snowdonia36023rd Jul
A very warm welcome back to North West Wales! We are delighted to share with you that (almost) all of our Snowdonia 360 members are now open and are operating in line with the COVID-19 Government guidelines. Discovering the Snowdonia360 route is high on many post-lockdown ‘to do’ lists, and so to help you along the way we have drilled down what travel advice you need to know before you make your journey along the spectacular 360 mile route.
It is all in the planning – we highly recommend that you take the time before you leave home to do your research and map out where you’re going, the best way to get there, and what can be seen and visited along the way.
Be sure to pre-book any activities you’re planning on doing whilst exploring the Snowdonia360, ensure you visit their websites or call ahead before you arrive to guarantee a space.
Please see a breakdown of which of our attractions, accommodation providers, eateries and retailers are open and what is currently available to book here.
If you’re travelling along the Snowdonia360 by car, please be aware that car parking spaces are limited especially within the Snowdonia National Park. Regular updates on car parking spaces are shared on the Snowdonia National Park website Please help us support our National Park by following their guidelines:
- Be safe– Observe social distancing at all times. Maintain a safe distance between you/your group and others. Be mindful of any pinch points and remember to sanitise your hands after contact with hard surfaces including pay and display machines.
- Tread lightly– Be willing to change your destination. Have a few options prepared in case you arrive somewhere that is increasingly getting busy.
- Be kind– Park in designated parking spaces. Do not park on roadsides or across entrances, it is dangerous and can cause problems for our farmers, communities and emergency services.
Good to Know – Please take into consideration that popular spots such as Pen y Pass car park is often full very early in the mornings. Do your research by looking at alternatives such as using the Nant Peris car park or using the public services available.
There are so many ways to discover Snowdonia360, be it by car, motorhome, bike or foot. We actively encourage our visitors to use sustainable means of transport, here are some useful links to help you make your journey as ‘green’ as possible-
- Travel by foot along our beautiful coastal path, find out more here.
- Find out where the local cycle routes are around North West Wales here.
- Make sure you make full use of the public services available such as the Snowdon Sherpa to Pen y Pass, the full timetables can be found here.
- Further advice and an interactive public transport services route map can be found here.
- Up to date information on public transport can also be found by contacting Traveline.
- If travelling by electric car, find out the nearest electric charging points are here.