Average duration: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Dog Friendly
We invite you to spend a day at the former quarry village of Nant Gwrtheyrn, on the North Wales coast near the village of Llithfaen. We are a heritage and conference centre, offering Welsh language courses, a fantastic café and historic accommodation, all in a magical valley that’s full of history and culture.
Nant Gwrtheyrn’s unique location offers spectacular views from scenic coastal and forestry walks, where you will see mother nature at her best. In our secluded valley you’ll experience the truest elements of traditional and contemporary Welsh culture.
- Visit our heritage centre and quarryman’s cottage to learn about the history of the valley.
- Walk paths where the sea and mountains meet. We’re part of the Welsh Coast Path where wild animals, rare birds, plants and flowers abound.
- Relax at Caffi Meinir, where all the food is home-cooked and where you will receive excellent Welsh service and enjoy amazing sea views.
- Join the 30,000 past students who have taken Welsh language and culture courses at our learning centre.
- Stay in our wonderful, traditional cottage accommodation.
With indoor and outdoor facilities, you can enjoy what ‘the Nant’ has to offer any time of year, whatever the weather. There is free entry to the whole site and dogs are welcome in all the outdoor areas.